We’ll Add Value That’s Cost Competitive And Customised
Here at York & York Legal we understand our clients have differing expectations, organisational structures, resources and legal service requirements. Thus we’re committed to honing our professional offerings to proficiently identify and adapt to each business’s specific needs. Delivering a high-quality, individualised legal service is a challenge we embrace and thrive on mastering, both competitively and sustainably.
It’s All About Trust and Respect
We know you can’t grow a resilient, thriving business without the trust and respect of your clients and associates. Offering personalised superior legal services in a fair, transparent and competitive manner establishes the co-beneficial, long-term relationships we aim to cement at York & York.
Our guarantee to you: We’ll proactively partner with you to establish mutual trust in our professional relationship. We’ll also continue to work and collaborate with you to explore alternative ways of delivering our services to you in order to achieve stronger operational efficiencies and corresponding cost benefits.
Our Standard Pricing Structures
York & York’s standard pricing mechanisms include an hourly rate, fixed fees and value-based costing. We’ll personally engage with you to analyse and implement a best practice, industry benchmark price offering that satisfies your business’s needs.
Our three standard pricing methodologies are as follows:
- Value Based Costing
Hourly Rate Costing
The hourly rate charging principle is a legal industry standard – most lawyers charge the same flat rate for all legal services. But here at York & York we pride ourselves on doing things a little differently – we’ll happily break the ‘pricing mould’ to innovate fee mechanisms that suit your individual commercial needs.
We’re fully committed to adjusting our prices based on the value of each specific task, ensuring our business tailored charges reflect our holistic legal service adaptability. In line with this unique and transparent pricing approach, we guarantee the following:
- We won’t charge for leaving a voicemail message or sending emails that are one-line follow-ups.
- We also won’t charge for conversations, meetings or correspondence with you that’s not work-related, such as general introductory or relationship building chit-chats.
- Where possible, we’ll combine tasks to deliver cost savings. We believe that charging in blocks reduces charges, as opposed to charging for separate items of work.
- We’ll provide detailed descriptions of our tasks on your invoice, to ensure maximum transparency and an opportunity to scrutinise.
- Where possible, we’ll provide detailed scope of the work to eliminate any surprises on both sides.
On some property and other transactional matters, we offer fixed fees for an agreed scope of work. For other transactional legal services (not litigious or dispute focused) we establish and charge our fees based on the following:
- We strategically engage with you to determine the scope of the work required, which often involves determining milestones and the steps required to achieve them.
- We immediately discuss any variations to the project’s scope including associated costings, to eliminate any financial surprises.
Here at York & York we’re always open to determining and offering fixed costings on any project.
Additional Pricing Mechanism For In-House Purposes
Some organisations need regular legal support but don’t want to commit to hiring a permanent lawyer as their in-house counsel (e.g. due to head-count restrictions). This is where York & York Legal could be of benefit – our in-house legal services are disciplined, integrative and effective.
We’ll spend the time getting to know and understand your business, including its culture and goals. Our principal lawyer(s) will work with you to ensure a smooth integration into your workplace and act as your general counsel designate, providing senior-level support as often as required. Alternatively, where junior-level assistance is required we’ll customise our counsel accordingly, but will ensure sufficient supervision to continue our delivery of high-quality legal services.
Costings for our in-house services will be based on any of the above. However, in order to maintain a sustainable relationship, we’ll collaborate with you to ensure the most sustainable and flexible costing structure based on your individualised need and scope.