How To Adequately Manage Commercial Risks And Obligations
Legal considerations are a consistent theme across all types of commercial enterprises, from start-ups to long-term established businesses. York & York Legal is committed to building enduring client relationships – we can partner with you to ensure your business maintains a disciplined approach to management of its legal obligations as well as its commercial risks.
Lack of proper governance and risk management could result in heavy losses and catastrophic failures. Small to medium size businesses with typically fewer resources could be drastically affected by unexpected legal issues. Some examples of these risks are set out below .
Here at York & York, we’re always at the other end of the phone to provide solutions to your day-to-day questions and needs. Either as part of your business’s advisory team dealing with strategic and tactical matters or as a non-call external consultant, we can help you identify your key legal obligations and/or risks, implement corresponding processes, and thereafter assist with their long-term management in compliance with your budget, business size and resources.
Industry expertise includes but is not limited to:
Manufacturing | Supply & Distribution | Franchises | Professional Services |
Our Guarantee To You
The tailor-made management systems and processes York & York establishes and manages with you will be efficient and effective. Our ‘big picture’ perspective complemented by our mission to keep it personal will deliver outstanding commercial results.
Based on our extensive legal practice credentials, we’ll strategically analyse your needs, and customise and communicate our service and fees accordingly. In addition, all communications will be covered by client-attorney privilege.
Our Unique Benefits
A well-balanced outlook: As lawyers who’ve worked in-house and also as non-legal professionals, our perspective is well-rounded with a comprehensive commercial focus.
We add value: We provide a personalised service where solutions are tailored to meet specific client needs, delivering added value at a suitably competitive price.
A multidisciplinary approach: We believe in professional alliances (e.g. financial advisors) that enable comprehensive, customised risk management protocols.
Areas Where Legal Risks And Obligations May Need Addressing
York & York Legal has delivered pragmatic management solutions across a wide range of commercial areas .Legal issues that may need resolving, particularly within small to medium businesses, include:
- Ownership including without limitation succession planning, business structures, and agreements between business owners and/or stakeholders (e.g.shareholders of the business or franchisees/franchisors)
- Trading with consumers and fair trading
- Business-to-business trading and trade practices
- Intellectual property and protection of proprietary rights
- Other property issues such as purchase or lease of commercial property
- Insurance coverage of risks related to the provision of goods or services
- Regulatory and licensing requirements
- Provision of credit and debt recovery
- Lack of ability to respond to emergencies and unexpected events
- Expansion or purchase of business interests
- Disposal of business interests
Want To Find Out More?
Here at York & York Legal, we pride ourselves on our ability to provide as-needed legal services that deliver practical, high-impact commercial solutions. Aligned with this pledge, we guarantee tailored and transparent pricing across all our legal services.